History homework help. History homework help.
- Each student will be responsible for a typed-written (4-5 pages) response to the following gay marriage.
- Present an overview of the gay marriage issue by providing information on the Federal Supreme Court decision (Research on the internet).
- Explain gay and lesbian rights as they relate to the issue.
- Present ethical and/or value dilemmas for the social worker, the client, society, agency/organization, and yourself.
- Explain whether the government has a right to intervene in a person’s choice to marry, even if their partner is of the same gender. What responsibility does the government have in this matter? What is your opinion of the government’s involvement pertaining to this subject? Discuss discriminatory practices that may occur?
- Present the implications for social work practice and social policy, including knowledge, values, and skills needed to work with persons who experience various forms of oppression and discrimination.