Nursing homework help. Nursing homework help.
Select ONE of the following fugal agents for your assignment.
- Aspergillus, Tinea pedis, Candida albicans, Coccidioides, Pneumocystis jirovecii, Blastomyces, Cryptococcus neoformans, Histoplasma, Tinea corporis
Research the chosen fungal agent to examine the anatomical structures and diseases associated with it.
Using the template below answer the following questions:
- Where the organism is normally found and how is it spread?
- What are the virulence factors of the organism?
- What are the symptoms and incubation period of the infection caused by the organism?
- How would you diagnose an infection caused by the organism?
- Describe how the organism infects different organs and how the immune system responds to infection.
- What is the current treatment plan for the infections caused by the organism and the treatment success rate?
- What populations are most at risk for infection?
- What environments and sources are associated with the organism?
- What are some public health implications of the infection caused by the agent?
- What precautions can the public take to prevent infections?