Nursing homework help. Nursing homework help.
1) Meet Bonnie, a new mother*
- A 25-year-old mother of a newborn baby girl
- American, college education, still not very familiar with medical issues/ terminology
- Thrilled about her child but quite fearful
o Everything is so new!
- Has read about benefits of immunization; still, too young to remember the devastating
effects of polio and other vaccine-preventable diseases
o Doesn’t know anyone who suffered from them
o Yet, rates of a few vaccine-preventable diseases (e.g., pertussis) are on the rise,
posing an increased risk for infants and children
- Worried about conflicting information on immunization risk/adverse events
o Unable to evaluate the quality/credibility of different information sources
o She does not have a great grasp of health issues but wants to learn more
- Unsure whether she wants to immunize her child; quite confused, some of her friends are not immunizing their children
Based on the above profile re: Bonnie and her peers (U.S. new mothers who are in their 20s):
- Think of 2-3 examples of potential ways health communication interventions can address such issues/needs among Bonnie and her peers or key influentials/stakeholders. For example, health communication programs can: 1) “Engage Bonnie, her peers, and her community in discussing their perceptions and opinions about the pros and cons of immunizations as well as any barriers, social norms, or other socially determined factors that may influence their decisions; 2) “Encourage peer-to-peer support by establishing venues, events, and social media-based forums where new mothers can discuss immunization and be supported on their decisions; 3) Advocate for policies, mandates, and other regulations that would increase ease of access to timely immunization, convey the importance of immunization in child and community protection, and also be inclusive of vulnerable and underserved populations as it may relate to their specific needs and concerns” (select examples from Schiavo, 2013, Introduction). Please use different examples from the ones listed here or in your textbook.
- What kinds of research questions would you like to explore to complement the information provided in this case study? What would you ask/would like to find out to complete a potential situation and audience analysis? Please focus only on your two (2) top research questions.
- Use the definition/examples of “overall program goal” and “outcome objectives” discussed in your book to develop a preliminary program goal and outcome objectives for a potential health communication program that seeks to engage (a) Bonnie and her peers (US parents in the same age group and with similar profile) and (b) one potential key stakeholder (e.g. health care providers, grandparents, etc,) whom you think may influence Bonnie’s behavior. For the purpose of this exercise, please develop only two outcome objectives (behavioral only) as intended for Bonnie and her peers, and two outcome objectives (behavioral only) for the stakeholder group. Note that this exercise focuses only on behavioral objectives, which is only one of the 3 kinds of outcome objectives (behavioral, social, and organizational) discussed in your book.
Your paper should be 1- 2 pages, double-spaced, and follow APA 7th edition formatting. You will include the primary NCHEC Area of Responsibility and Competencies you are addressing in this assignment as a separate paragraph. Discuss the areas you are practicing for this assignment and the specific competency(ies) you are utilizing. Discuss the importance of these competencies as it relates to the profession of public health.